Some Stories of famous personalities
· Charlie Chaplin, he was a legendary comic actor-filmmaker and confessor
· He was born at East Street Woolworth in South London on 16 April 1889.
· His father's name was Charles Chaplin senior and mother's name was Hanif Chaplin.
· Father was a singer and mother was an actress.
· His childhood was marked by poverty and struggle.
· His parents did not earn much and hence he started to work at a workhouse at the age of seven.
· In 1898 his mother was admitted to a mental asylum and his father became a severe alcoholic and he was left to fend for himself.
· He became a member of the male dance troupe the eight Lancashire lads and toured across the music halls in Great Britain .
· All through 1899 and 1900 in 1903 he was cast in his first show titled Jim a romance of Cockaigne.
· In which he played the role of a newsboy from October 1903 to June 1904 he traveled with saints Barry and his plays were immensely successful.
· In 1906 he became part of the amateur comedy troupe KC circuses he performed comedy acts with them and soon rose to prominence.
· When the troupe finished touring in July 1907 Charlie was left without a job for a few months and lived with a family in Kennington.
· In 1910 he played the lead role in the sketch Jimmy the fearlesses which was an immediate success in 1913.
· He signed a contract for a period of one year with the New York Motion Picture Company which promised him a pay of $150 a week.
· He acted and directed many films in 1925 his Academy award-winning film the gold rush.
· Which he directed starred in and produced was released the gold rush was rated as the second greatest film in history by the critics of the Brussels World's Fair.
· A worldwide organization of film makers in 1928 his film the circuses was released in this 70 minute silent film.
· He played the role of a clown it was one of his highest-grossing silent films released in 1936 one of his most remembered films modern times is considered one of his most popular silent films.
· It was selected to be preserved at the Library of Congress United States .
· And it was ranked 33rd on the American Film Institute's list of 100 years100 laughs as one of the 100 funniest movies in America.
· He married four times and three of his marriages with Mildred Harris Lita gray and Paulette Goddard ended in divorce.
· In 1943 he married his fourth wife Oona O'Neill and the couple had eight children together they remained together until his death his last film was a countess from Hong Kong released in the year 1967.
· He died in Corsair survived II vaud Switzerland on 25 December 1977 at the age of 88 failure is unimportant it takes courage to make a full of yourself said Charlie Chaplin.