1. Which nation has tightened its foreign investment rules?
a) United Kingdom
d) New Zealand
1. (d) New Zealand
New Zealand has tightened its foreign investment rules in case of strategic assets. The foreign investors looking to buy strategic assets will now have to convince the government that it is in the national interest.
2. Which state has decided to set up a new Department of Foreign Cooperation?
a) Uttar Pradesh
2. (b) Haryana
Haryana has setup a new department of Foreign Cooperation. The department will mainly work to formulate country-wise strategies to promote investment and employment in Haryana.
3. Who has been conferred with Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019?
a) David Attenborough
b) David Parker
c) Bill Gates
d) Greta Thunberg
3. (a) David Attenborough
David Attenborough has been conferred with the Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development 2019 for his lifetime worth of work to awaken the mankind to the need to preserve and protect the planet’s biodiversity and stop being a plague on earth.
4. ISRO is going to launch which among the following satellites on November 25?
4. (a) Cartosat-3
ISRO is going to launch Cartosat-3 along with 13 commercial nano satellites aboard , PSLV-C47 into Sun Synchronous orbit on November 25, 2019. Cartosat-3 satellite is a third-generation agile advanced satellite having high-resolution imaging capability.
5. When is the World Toilet Day observed every year?
a) 18th November
b) 19th November
c) 20th November
d) 21st November
5. (b) 19th November
The World Toilet Day is celebrated globally on 19th November every year with an aim to draw attention towards the people deprived of sanitation. The Theme of World Toilet Day 2019 was Leaving No One Behind.
6. Paradise Beach was recently declared as ‘no plastic’ zone. The beach is located in which state/UT?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
6. (c) Puducherry
The government recently declared the Paradise Beach of Puducherry as a ‘no plastic’ zone to restrict the use and sale of plastic items.
7. IRCTC signed an MoU with which state to run the Golden Chariot Train?
b) Himachal Pradesh
7. (c) Karnataka
The Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation to operate the Golden Chariot Train.
8. When is International Men’s Day observed?
a) 19th November
b) 18th November
c) 17th November
d) 16th November
8. (a) 19 November
The International Men’s Day is observed every year on November 19. This day is mainly dedicated to protect men from discrimination, exploitation, oppression, violence and inequality and to give them their rights.
9. Which country recently test-fired surface-to-surface Shaheen-1 missile?
9. (d) Pakistan
Pakistan has recently test-fired surface-to-surface Shaheen-1 missile. This missile is capable of hitting all types of weapons on the target. It can hit a target upto 650 kilometers. Its purpose is to check the availability of missiles for military use.
10. Which city has organized first National Agrochemicals Conference?
a) New Delhi
10. (a) New Delhi
The first National Agricultural Chemistry Conference was organized in New Delhi from November 13-16, 2019. This was the first National Agrochemicals Conference, now it will be held every three years.