💘💗CURRENT AFFAIR 27-11-19💘💗
1. When will the term of the 15th Finance Commission end?
a) October 30, 2020
b) March 31, 2020
c) July 31, 2021
d) April 30, 2020
1. (a) October 30, 2020
The term of the 15th Finance Commission has been extended till October 30, 2020. The Finance Commission will be submitting its interim report by November 30, 2019.
2. When will Uddhav Thackeray take oath as new Maharashtra CM?
a) December 1st
b) November 30th
c) November 28th
d) November 29th
2. (c) November 28th
Uddhav Thackeray is scheduled to take oath as the new Chief Minister of Maharashtra on November 28, 2019, at Shivaji Park in Dadar, Mumbai. Thackeray will become the first member of the Thackeray family to hold the top post in the Maharashtra government.
3. What is the new authorized capital of the Food Corporation of India?
a) Rs 15,000 crore
b) Rs 5000 crore
c) Rs 7000 crore
d) Rs 10,000 crore
3. (d) Rs 10,000 crore
The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved to increase the authorized capital of Food Corporation of India (FCI) from the current Rs 3,500 crore to Rs 10,000 crore.
4. Who passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill on November 27, 2019?
a) Rajya Sabha
b) Lok Sabha
c) Union Cabinet
4. (b) Lok Sabha
The Lok Sabha has passed the Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes Bill, which bans usage, production, storage, import, export, trade and advertisements of electronic smoking devices.
5. Which country recently found some cases of Bubonic Plague?
5. (c) China
China recently detected some cases of Bubonic plague, a bacterial infection. The plague is spread through infected flea bites. It is caused by the Yersinia pestis bacterium. It can be treated if recognized the symptoms of the plague at an early stage.
6. What is the name of the chief of Pakistan Army whose notification of extension of tenure has been suspended by the Pakistan Supreme Court?
a) Gul Hasan Khan
b) Abdul Wahid
c) Parvez Kiyani
d) Qamar Javed Bajwa
6. (d) Qamar Javed Bajwa
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has suspended the notification of the extension of tenure of General Qamar Javed Bajwa. The Pakistan Supreme Court has also issued a notice to all the parties of this case including General Bajwa. General Bajwa is retiring on 29 November.
7. Who was Sudhir Dhar who passed away recently?
d) Political Leader
7. (b) Cartoonist
Sudhir Dhar was a famous cartoonist. He was 87. Sudhir Dhar started his 58-year-long career with 'The Statesman'. He worked for many newspapers. These include Indian newspapers as well as foreign newspapers like the New York Times, Washington Post and Saturday Review.
8. What is the name of the launch vehicle that transported Cartosat-3 to the space?
8. (a) PSLV-C47
ISRO successfully launched Cartosat-3 and 13 US satellites through launch vehicle PSLV-C47 on November 27, 2019. It is the most powerful civilian satellite launched by ISRO. Cartosat-3 has installed at an altitude of 509 km from the earth.
▒ Daily Current_Affairs