🌰CURRENT AFFAIR ENGLISH 13-12-19🌰
1. Which state has become the first one to pass a bill awarding the death penalty to rapists within 21 days?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh 🚀
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (b) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly on December 13, 2019, passed the Andhra Pradesh Disha Bill which mandates disposal of cases of atrocities against women within 21 days and handing out the death penalty.
2. The Inner Line Permit has been implemented in how many states?
2. (b) 4
The Inner Line Permit (ILP) came into force in Manipur with the signing of President Ram Nath Kovind. Now the Inner Line Permit has come into effect in four states of North East - Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland and Manipur.
3. When is Universal Health Coverage Day celebrated?
a) 11th December
b) 8th December
c) 14th December
d) 12th December🚀
3. (d) 12 December
The Universal Health Coverage Day is observed every year on December 12, 2019. The purpose of this day is to emphasize the need for universal health coverage and provide a strong health system.
4. Nirmala Sitharaman was ranked at which position in the list of the world's most powerful women released by Forbes recently?
4. (a) 34
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is ranked 34th in the Forbes list of 100 most powerful women of the world. German Chancellor Angela Merkel is on the top position in this list.
5. Which party won the majority in the UK elections 2019?
a) Labour Party
b) Conservative Party🚀
c) Scottish National Party
d) Liberal Democrats
5. (b) Conservative Party
British PM Boris Johnson’s Conservative party has won a large majority in the UK elections 2019, paving the way forward for a smooth Brexit. The party won 364 seats out of the total 650 seats in the British House of Commons, while Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party won 203 seats.
6. INDRA 2019 is a bilateral military exercise between India and which nation?
d) Sri Lanka
6. (b) Russia
INDRA 2019 is a bilateral military exercise between India and Russia, which is being held from December 10-19, 2019 at Babina, Pune, and Goa. The exercise will witness participation from mechanized contestants, combat and transport aircraft and ships of the armed forces of India and Russia.
7. India held a Joint Commission Meeting and signed three agreements with which nation on December 13, 2019?
7. (b) Maldives
India and Maldives signed three Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) during the sixth Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) at New Delhi on December 13, 2019. The agreements were signed for cooperation between the election commissions of the two countries and cooperation between their Financial Intelligence Units.
8. Which state government has decided to administer pledge to male students at all schools to behave well with girls?
a) Madhya Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
c) Delhi 🚀
8. (c) Delhi
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal announced on December 13, 2019, that the Delhi government will administer pledge to male students at all schools to behave well with girls and not indulge in crimes against women